Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Potential Cover for One of the Somer Albums


I made this page with white canvas covered chipboard. I sprayed 2 layers of tattered rose glimmer mist and then went over that with one layer of patina glimmer mist. This is how I achieved the pretty purple. Then I placed one of those tiny Tim Holtz masks in the bottom right corner and gently inked over it in tumbled glass using my ink blending tool. Then I took a stamp that is script with butterflies on it and inked it up with perfect medium and then stamped the top of the page. Then I went over that stamped image with perfect pearls in Forever Violet. Then I took a prima flower and pulled the tiny pearls out of the center and replaced it with an iridescent clear dew drop. I also cut the pearls off that were put on with hot glue and looked bad and replaced them with some nice flatback pearls by Melissa Frances. I put a Tim Holtz book corner on the top right corner and a piece of an e line prima pearl flourish in the shape of a butterfly in the bottom left corner. Then last I sprayed the entire layout with glimmer mist in pearl. So that's how I made this layout. Let me know what you think and should I use it as one of the cover pages if I add Somer's name it? Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous cover Sarah you should definatly use it on one of the albums! It is so calming with those colours and just so perfect!
    hugs Alyson x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful sarah..............go for it
    heidi XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect for a cover, I really love that flower.

    ReplyDelete