Sunday, March 28, 2010

Somer Jam

I went to the Somer Jam yesterday. It was a fundraiser to support the inauguration of the Somer Thompson Foundation, which is being started by Somer's mom Diena. Diena wanted to start this foundation to be able to reach out to other people who find themselves in a situation similar to hers. She also says she is here to reclaim our children's safety and innocence. The Somer Jam was a benefit concert with several acts: Hollywood Lovescene, Fit for Rivals, Something Distant, Shawn Fisher, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus & Molly Hatchet. At the end of Molly Hatchet's performance Abigail, Somer's big sister sang You Are My Sunshine at the beginning of the new Molly Hatchet song Fly On Wings of Angels. It was so very sweet! The song is absolutely beautiful! It was written in memory of Somer, it is very touching! I love it! I will post it in a minute, as I recorded them singing it live on my flip camera last night at the benefit concert. That way all of you can heqar it as well! You will love it! I also am going to post all the pages I received yesterday in the mail for the Somer memorial album for Diena! Thanks again to all you girls that have stepped up to make these albums possible! You all are incredible women! I love you all!!!
http://www.news4jax.com/video/22977610/

No comments:

Post a Comment